Audio Bible +
(Please scroll down below comments to open the books of the Bible.)
Have you ever tried reading and listening to the Bible being read at the same time? I challenge you to try it for an extended period of time; just click on the books of the Bible pages below when you are ready to begin.
These pages (Genesis thru Revelation) are really special. Through BibleGateway, we are able to read and hear the Bible being read at the same time, a wonderful way to take in the scriptures with many benefits (as you will learn below). A. R. Wells also shares a Tiny Meditation on each chapter (written in 1908) to help us make a self-application of something from our reading in the Bible. There’s more to discover on these pages including paintings and photography that help illustrate some of the Biblical passages, but the most important thing is that we spend quality time in God’s Word. May it be so for all of us!
Advantages of consistently reading and listening to the Bible being read at the same time:
- Two are better than one — use both your eye gate and ear gate to take in God’s Word.
- It can increase our desire to read more scripture and it’s especially a good way to read the Bible through each year – just read 3-4 chapters a day which takes only 15-20 minutes.
- It can improve our listening skills.
- It can give us a larger vocabulary.
- It can improve our word recognition skills.
- It can help us learn how to pronounce difficult words.
- It can deepen our understanding of the many ways in which language conveys meaning.
- It can help us develop a sense of narrative structure – to “see” a story by visualizing the narrative.
- It can help us see the big picture of scripture — to learn how all the parts fit together.
- It can increase our faith; “faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.”
CLICK THE BIBLE BOOKS TO OPEN: