THE ONLY CURE FOR SIN
“…All have sinned and come short of the glory of God,” and the only cure for sin is GOD’S REDEEMING LOVE (and that includes his Mercy, Grace, Wisdom, Power, Calvary, the Empty Tomb, Jesus being our Advocate with the Father, and everything else that God is or has done on our behalf).
1. The sin of man created a dilemma so great that only God’s Redeeming Love could resolve it.
2. The wages of sin is death; but Jesus paid the penalty for our sins when he died for us at Calvary, and now the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
3. Sin is pollution so putrid that only the blood of Jesus can cleanse it from the heart.
4. Sin brought about a separation between God and man so wide that only Jesus, our advocate with the Father, can bridge back together again.
5. And sin created a place of eternal torment that none can avoid except by God’s mercy and grace and by receiving Jesus as our Lord and Savior.“
OUR PART – Choosing to repent (turning away from sin and unbelief) and receiving Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior through faith in Jesus alone.
If you need help, please pray with me similar words and really mean it; “Jesus, I believe in you and in your love for me; and I thank you for dying upon the Cross to save me from my sins and unbelief. By God’ grace, I choose to turn away from everything that is wrong in my life; and Jesus, I now give myself to you and to be what you want me to be. Thank you for saving me from my sins and for helping me to believe in you as my Lord and Savior.”
And friend, God always hears and answers the prayers that are prayed in Jesus’ name and that are in line with his will for us. Saving faith is as simple as saying from our hearts, “I believe in Jesus, and Jesus makes me whole…his blood cleanses me from all sin.” I believe the same is true of sanctifying faith except that it has a deeper focus. If you have opened your heart to Jesus, welcome to the family of God! It is now time to join with other believers, to live by faith, to read your Bible, to keep on praying, and to “grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” Amen.
The Bible says:
“He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:11-12).
“Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Rom. 6:11).
“…if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin” (1 John1:7).