The Sounds of Nature
“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun” (Psalm 19:1-4).
Why listen to the Sounds of Nature?
Everyone may not agree, but many claim the following:
- The most common use of nature sounds for adults is sleep and meditation.
- Many use nature sounds to create a calm, peaceful relaxing atmosphere to escape from the stresses of everyday life.
- The sounds of nature are the ultimate stress relief.
- Nature sounds help us sleep better, longer and more peacefully.
- These sounds are a helpful way to regenerate the body and soul after a hard day of work.
- The soothing sounds of nature are also a great way to drown out outside noises that are often quite distractive and disruptive.
As believers, we acknowledge that the world of nature with all its beauty and musical notations is a testimony of God’s Glory and a special gift to mankind. And now, through modern technology, we can listen to recordings of the many and varied sounds of nature right in the middle of the busyness of our everyday lives…to God be the Glory!
I hope you will explore and enjoy a few of the following selections:
18. Singing Canary
20. Volcano Sounds